Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween and other fun

What is it about Halloween that is so supremely magical? I love it more than Christmas. That is likely because Christmas is usually filled with lots of drama and my mom crying. Halloween is free from pain and drama. And, of course there is the plus of dressing up and acting like an idiot and no one thinks less of you for it. Free candy is also nice.

For my part, I went to an institute dance on Halloween night. I hated Stake dances in High School because no one asked you to dance and no one danced. Institute is way cooler. I met a ton of new people and had a great time. That was on Friday night. On Saturday, the actual Halloween, I tried to get a hold of my non-member friend to go to another party at Bishop's house, but she just got mad at me. "Ok, dearest, I know I'm being so selfish for wanting to be with my friend on Halloween, sorry for that."

But I'm glad she got mad at me, because it made me realize how important it is to have good friends and even more important for those friends to respect my values and and standards. Lately, I've been feeling like she doesn't. Skip ahead to church today. My thoughts and feelings were re-affirmed and I feel so much better knowing that I have my brothers and sisters in the gospel to turn to. I love having a ward family ever present. I don't know how I would survive college without God!

No comments:

Post a Comment