Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh sweet freedom!

This post is completely random, but as many of you know, for the past two years I've been writing to a missionary who was my best friend/boyfriend in High School. He recently returned from said mission and I'd like to share my thoughts on the matter. When he left we agreed that I would not "wait" for him and would instead continue dating and living my life as if he were not a part of it. And now I realize how smart that was because, I have recently realized, we no longer 'fit'. After he got back, I kept waiting for the warm fuzzies of our past love to come back and fill me up with ooey gooey happiness, but they never did. Now when he hugs me, I feel absolutely nothing. This was at first, rather upsetting. But after vast reflections on the matter, I've come to realize that I like being single. In fact, in the months prior to his return I found myself wishing for another year to enjoy college life. But now that I know for certain that he and I have no future as husband and wife, as was the inferred plan prior to his leaving, I feel so relieved. I feel like I can conquer the world and I will.

So now I announce to the world (aka my very few blog followers) my plan for life. I still want to rock the literary world with my words and go on to be a great writer, but in the meantime, I've decided to go to Law School after NAU. I think I will be an awesome lawyer and who knows, maybe somewhere down the road, I'll be the next John Grisham. But no matter where I go in life, I know I'll do well because I believe in myself!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I hope you really do feel as confident, happy, liberated, and ambitious as you sound. You should feel that way because you are awesome, and will do stupendous things in your life! I love you! love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete